Contact & Task Management - Online

The Contact management is already a crowded market. Having renowned players like 37signals for web-apps and Goldmine for desktop-apps. So what would you expect from a contact management software/application?

If I am the user, I will expect the following modules as the bare minimum.

1. Managing Contacts (Create/Edit/Delete/Import/Export/Plugins)
Because I use multitude of web applications my contacts are partly in my yahoo mail address book, gmail address book, my Thunderbird Address book and my mobile phone. In the best case, I would prefer an app which can import contacts from all these services (via online or inbuilt plugins). Better worse (oxymoron??) , if I can import contacts from CSV files generated from above services/apps. Worse, Create/Edit option to manually enter my contacts' details.

2. Assign Tasks to Contacts (Calendar)
A Caledar module with the abilities to create/assign/edit tasks related to contacts. If it has natural language processing like Google calendar, I would fall in love. Re-Scheduling tasks is a vital feature, and if there are some innovative/easy ways/approach to re-schedule, it will make my life a lot easier. Of course finally the Alerts/Alarms for tasks. Email alerts are fine. Hey! what about some cool message alerts in my mobile?

3. A Dashboard
This is where I would like to land when the application opens. Would like to see tasks pending, upcoming. Shortcuts to manage contacts and tasks are a plus.

4. Search Engine
I hate moving my mouse around and clicking objects. If there is some cool search like google search giving me search results sorted by contacts or tasks, it will make my day. How much precious time is saved! ;-)

- Rajesh Sundaram

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter - Marauder Map Application - UI Design