Nokia Lumia 730 Dual SIM - Review and why I am disappointed!

 The Nokia Lumia 730 Dual SIM



Many of you must have read how good the Nokia 730 Dual SIM is. Yes! the phone is phenomenal. It has got everything and can satisfy a selfie-youth, to a technologist, to a casual user.

The Nokia 730 Dual SIM, has the right hardware, excellent camera in front and back, the sexy looks that beats the high-end lumia phones to dust. The touch response and the clear black OLED display gets a special mention.

I was feeling high, when I purchased my Nokia Lumia 730 Dual SIM from a Nokia Store in HSR Layout, Bangalore,  The Windows Phone 8.1's user experience was top notch, despite the fact that Windows Phone requires a different learning curve compared to the Android OS. Things went well for a week. My niece was in love with the selfies and she shot some of her great selfies using Lumia 730. On the apps front, I did not feel any lack of apps either. There is an app for everything, but the sheer quantity is less compared to the android store.

I was happy that Lumia is a great phone and I was enjoying every moment of it. One fine day, when I was getting out of my car, I heard something falling down. Only then I realized I had kept the phone  on my thigh and got out of the car without noticing it. The phone fell down from approximately 3 ft height, with the display facing down. Being a Nokia, I carelessly took it and turned it. To my shock the display glass was broken!



Though the glass was broken, the phone worked fine. The touch was spotless and I was able to use the phone without any issues. But the broken glass spoiled the party. When asked for a replacement at the local Nokia Care Centre, I was told that no spares available as this model was launched recently. Estimated time to get the spare was about a month. The estimated cost was almost 70% of the phone's price.

It is still unbelievable, that a company once known for its toughest products that can withstand abuse, has become a #crackerjack. Not sure whom should I blame here. Myself? or Nokia? or Microsoft?

One thing remains strong now - I am not going back to Nokia!

Comments

Sunny said…
I had experienced the same with Nokia Lumia 730.. Now the care says it costs Rs.8500 and if the Phone is for 15k lol what is the cost of the rest...???

Anyone who read this please See ... Dont ever buy Nokia they are not the same they are earlier.....
Sunny said…
I had experienced the same with Nokia Lumia 730.. Now the care says it costs Rs.8500 and if the Phone is for 15k lol what is the cost of the rest...???

Anyone who read this please See ... Dont ever buy Nokia they are not the same they are earlier.....

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter - Marauder Map Application - UI Design