Vodafone - Happy to Help you - Plagued by technical glitches

Vodafone is running a campaign of some sort... promoting their customer service with the motto "Happy to help you". Some 6 digit-salary-drawing brilliant MBA's idea! I do like their advertisements that emphasizes the "we are here to help".

Even today I received an email from Vodafone promoting the same thing. Nothing new but just a mail that showcases all their services, with an extra tagline "Happy to Help you". Vodafone is not a mobile telephony company, but a marketing agency. Let me tell you why...

Recently I was unable to make any phone calls to my home town (Erode). When dialed from other services like Airtel / Aircel, the call goes through. But from Vodafone, my home is not reachable. I do not know if that is BSNL's (which provides telephony to my home) fault or Vodafone's fault.. but the call is not going through. Having my wedding in the next two months... I feel like I am screwed badly! One way communication.

Then I dialled 111, the Hutch/Vodafone care number, the call checked my patience.

Dialling 111

.
.
.
.
.
.
ZzZZzzZZZz..
.
.
.
.
Hai. Welcome to Vodafone. We are happy to help you...
.
.
.
Z
Zz
Z
Z
Zz
z
z
ZZzzzZZZZzzzzZZZZz
z
z
z
..
.
.
Tamilil ariya yen ondrai dial seyyavum
For information in english press two.

.
.
.
[2]
.
.
.
.
.
.
.Z
zZZzzZZZzzZZZzzzZZZZZzzzZZzZzzZzzz
.
.
.
..

.

.
Welcome to Vodafone. I am *****. How may I help you?

bla bla blaaa....
.
bla
bla
bl

blaab
blaaaaa
.
.
.

I am sorry to interrupt sir. But is Prepaid helpline. Kindly dial 98840 98840 to access the post-paid helpline.

Thats what I was trying to do the past 20 mins boss. The IVR is dead slow and every time I dial the number 111 it brings me here to the pre-paid helpline. I dont know what to do . Can you transfer my call to Post-paid helpline?

I am sorry sir. But you have to dial 98840 98840

Boss thats what I did .. but still the number's IVR is totally helpless.

Please try one more time sir. We are facing some technical difficulties in the call managment system. But this time it should go through. I request you to try one more time sir.

ok bye.

Thank you.. CLICK!

Vodafone sucks! So many technical glitches... so many nuisances... man! wats happening to them? And they campaign "Happy to help you".. It should be "Happy to screw you"...

- Rajesh Sundaram

Comments

Newsbird said…
Hi Rajesh,
You are absolutely right. I didn't expected such a worst service from a Global company like Vodafone. There is a clear gap between their ads and the reality. Here is my story about the same.
Vodafone: Unhappy to help

Popular posts from this blog

Harry Potter - Marauder Map Application - UI Design